Technical and technological advancements have really hyped up. You no longer have to go to salons or hair stylists, to get your hair straightened. You can simply do it at home by using the best hair straightener available in the market. Here we are going to present you the guide for beginners who are using a hair straightener for the very first time.
How To Use a Hair Straightener – Step By Step Guide:
Turn On The Hair Straightener:
The first thing that you have to do is turning on the hair straightener and setting up the right temperature.
How to set the right temperature:
There are two types of straighteners, one type is of straighteners that have optimum temperature settings. These straighteners does not provide you the option of setting the temperature by yourself. And you will have to abide by the provided temperature settings.
The second type of straighteners are the ones that provide you with manual temperature settings. You will have a temperature control button on the hair straightener that will help you to set the right temperature.
For fine to thin hair 250 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit temperature is just fine. For normal hair type, 300 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit is good. And for thick to very curly hair, you have to set up the maximum temperature, above 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
And if, you are unsure about the temperature settings, you can look at the manual book. It will tell you the details of the features of your hair straightener.
Get Your Hair Ready For Straightening:
While the hair straightener is getting all heat up, you have to make your hair ready for straightening. Clean hair are the best for perfect straightening therefore, shampoo your hair before straightening and let them dry.
What to do?
- Comb your hair to detangle them
- Apply a heat protective serum or spray that will protect your hair against the heat of straightener. But don’t apply it in the roots, as it will make them look greasy.
- Make uniform sections of your hair and tie them with clips. You can divide your hair in 4 sections. A section of the right side hair, one of left side. One section of the top of your head and one of the back hair. It will help you to perfectly straighten every single hair.
- Untie one section at one time. Let’s start from the right side. Untie them, take a small portion from them. Place them between the hot iron plates and press the plate together. Afterwards, starting from the roots, slide down the hair straightener to the ends. Make sure to leave an inch or half of your roots so that the hot plates won’t burn your skin.
- Repeat the process for every section and get your hair straightened in no time.
Selecting the right type of hair straightener for your hair is the most important thing. You can find a number of hair straighteners in the market that will be perfect for your hair type. There are some straighteners that are ideal ones and can be used for every hair type. If you are not sure about the features of the hair straightener that will suit your hair type, you can go for the ideal ones. But make sure to look out for the heat protection that straighteners provides, as it will be a matter of your hair. And you can’t just make your hair turn into a broom just for the sake of styling.